"It was a wrong number that started it, the telephone ringing three times in the dead of night, and the voice on the other end asking for someone he was not."
The line is from the novel "City of Glass" which was published in the year 1985, by the author, Paul Auster, who was born in 1947. This author is also known for other works, including "New York Trilogy" and "Moon Palace".
The book "City of Glass" illustrates the story of half human, half angel beings. Clary must embark on an adventure to find the key which is holding her mother captive. She joins forces with her brother, Jace, in order to defeat their father, Valentine. Valentine does has been collecting weapons of mortal combat in order to gain power, making their task more difficult.
http://www.thrivingfamily.com/Family/Media/book-reviews/c/city-of-glass.aspx
Critic review:
http://www.fandango.com/cityofember_109111/criticreviews
"Tommorrow I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day."
This line is from the novel "Gone with the Wind" which was published in the year 1936 by the author Margaret Mitchell who lived from 1900 to 1949. This author is also known for other works, including "Atlanta Journal" and "Lost Laysen".
The book "Gone with the Wind" portrays the life of Scarlet, who resides in Tara. She is the daughter of a wealthy plantation owner and gets everything she wants. She quickly falls in love with Ashley, who must marry is his second cousin, due to tradition. When Scarlet discovers the news, she is overwhelmed with jealousy, she never recovers from losing Ashley. She marries a man for his money and gets all of the things she could ever dream of, but never appreciates anything because she can not get over her love of Ashley. At the end of the book she realizes her love of her husband, but it is too late because he has already moved on.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031381/plotsummary
Critic review:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031381/criticreviews
Some good stuff here, Taylor...be sure to address each of the bullet points for both books--there are some questions I don't see answers to yet...I love the book Gone With the Wind--when I read those last lines I cried, mostly because the book was over and I would miss the characters.
ReplyDelete