Sitting on the boat dock and he's teaching me how to cast the fishing pole. We aren't saying much, but it's just being with eachother. And it's so peaceful, I keep thinking I wish I could just live in this moment of complete serenity and no worries. I just feel content when he's around. We didn't catch any fish, but he looked so cute when he got excited over a nibble.
I want so much more out of our relationship, but he's too much of a gentle man to make a move. Every now and then I'll catch him looking at me and it makes my heart melt. And when he catches me smiling at him he'll say "What?!" and roll his deep blue, need you eyes. He knows I can't resist him. He sings as we sit there and I have no idea how such a beautiful, soft voice can come out of such a rustic and masculine man. I hold back the words, "I love you" because I know that we can never be together because he resides in Texas and once the summer is over I'll have to leave my southern gentleman.
What a beautiful, romantic moment, Taylor...I love all the details you've captured here. I wonder what has become of you and this southern gentleman...
ReplyDelete